What is Summer Camp?
Who can apply?
If you are:
Then you are eligible to apply for Heart to Heart Summer Camp!
CAMPER APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR 2021
Summer camp is your chance to join the conversation and join the Heart to Heart community.
Camp is a chance to see the world in a new way, by getting out of your comfort zone. Heart to Heart focuses on personal growth, relationship building, and facilitated dialogue.
At camp, we will talk openly about the narratives, power dynamics, and politics shaping our lives. You will have the chance to share your perspective, identity and narrative and hear from your peers about theirs. You will learn the building blocks for respectful communication and engaging in constructive conflict.
You will leave the program with new perspectives, relationships and tools to navigate difficult conversations, tensions and conflict with greater skill and confidence.
What is different this year?
Due to COVID-19 and ongoing travel restrictions to Canada, summer camp 2021 will be taking place locally.
While you won't be flying to a new country, you will have a chance to live away from home and in a new intercultural community throughout the program.
Although we won't be running camp at Camp Shomria this summer, we are hope to create opportunities to connect with both Canadian campers and with the broader Canadian community that loves and supports Heart to Heart.
What to expect if you're selected for Summer Camp:
- Required participation in preparation meetings before camp ( July)
- 10 days of camp that will change your life (August 1 - 10 )
- Required participation in post-camp family programming (Dates in August to be determined*)
- Living away from home in an intercultural setting
- Learning new perspectives that will challenge you and help you learn, grow, and become a more empowered leader working for change
- Take the next step of your journey as a leader and build your network of diverse friends and partners
- Regular Heart to Heart programming during the Gr.10 school year to continue what we start at camp
- The opportunity to join the Heart to Heart alumni community and network at the end of Gr.10
Join our team!
Heart to Heart is seeking local staff to join our camp team!
TO APPLY: Fill out the application form below and e-mail your CV and cover letter to Jenny Isaacs at email@example.com